2010年2月21日日曜日

Valentine's Day!!

*I think Japanese Valentine's Day is more interesting than American Valentine's Day. There's no ambiguity over whether the chocolate or gifts are given in friendship, or something more. And, there's more chocolate that way.
*I think every major holiday could be said to be more commercial every year. Christmas is supposed to be a Christian holiday, but that's not even the point anymore. I think gift giving in general is going to be promoted, but if it makes people appreciate others more enough to think about what they want and get it for them, then it can be a good thing.
*I would give the friendship chocolate to everyone I knew, because then I could try to be better friends with more people.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you about Japanese Valentine's Day seeming more interesting. Giving friendship chocolate would be lots of fun, I think!

    返信削除
  2. I agree completely on the fact that there is no ambiguity over what the chocolate means. This creates no chance of underlying meanings to the gifts as some of the American Valentine's Day gifts have.

    返信削除